Members
Artists
Art Galleries Art Resources
"My independence means everything to me, that's why I'm a member."
Creating art relationships that last a lifetime.
...and there you go, as your website is securely sent out into the world.

Artists in Canada National Pension Plan

This Pension Plan is for all Canadian Artists. Visual Artists, Musicians, Writers, Performance, Graphic, Web development and Film Artists. Commercial, Public Art Galleries and Art Resource businesses and their Staff are also eligible.
 
Start your Pension Plan today.
 
Your Plan
The Artists in Canada National Pension Plan is managed for you individually by the Saskatchewan Pension Plan, now in it's 30th year. After doing the research and careful consideration, AIC decided this well managed and credible Pension Plan was the right fit for Canadian artists. It has produced excellent growth over the years and is now available for you as individuals to have your own plan under the Artists in Canada name. (AIC has no access to the financial aspects of your individual plan, nor do we receive referral fees or commissions). Your plan can follow you for life.
Eligibility
This is an actual 'Locked In' Pension Plan and is available to all Canadian Artists whether they are part time, emerging or professional artists. Canadian artists of all career levels and genres including; Visual, Audio, Musicians, Writers, Film and Performance can join the Artists in Canada National Pension Plan. Canadian Art Galleries and Gallery staff may also benefit from this.
Contribute what you want
This plan will give artists the security of knowing they will have a pension when they reach that time in their life and career. You can make contributions at a level you can afford, so It is best to start early in your career, but more importantly, you just need to start".
Artists in Canada contributes 5% to your Pension
Artists in Canada contributes 5% of Art Sales to Members’ Pension Plans​ Artists in Canada will contribute 5% from art sales made on behalf of the artist member and place it into the individual artist’s Pension Plan. Artists must match this with a contribution of 5% or more. (Total 10% contributed.) It is placed directly into your personal Artists in Canada Pension Plan, yours for life. This will give you a total of 75% of the actual sale price. Includes the Pension Plan contribution). A Basic AIC Membership is required to take advantage of this 5% matching pension contribution, as well as, signing up for the Saskatchewan Pension Plan (SPP). Confirmation of your Pension Plan participation by (SPP) and a confirmed sales agreement with AIC must be in place prior to any consigned sales or contributions. Contributions may be made at any time by the artist. (Consignment Art Sales without a Pension Plan option are at 70% for the artist, 30% for the Gallery).
Tax Savings
It costs very little to start. Contribute what you can and receive the tax savings now – and the pension security when the time is right.

On behalf of Artists in Canada, I am proud to help bring this product to Canadian artists. AIC doesn’t handle any of your Pension Plan Portfolios, nor do we make fees from referrals".

Full details of the Artists in Canada National Pension Plan is now available with links to our sign up page on the Saskatchewan Pension Plan website.
Need help?
Let the professions at SPP help you customize your Pension Plan.
Pension Plan Website

Registration Form.

Easy to Start
STEP 1 - Fill out the request form

STEP 2 - A confirmation will be sent to you. Download the writeable PDF, fill it out and sign it. There is a stamp attached (cut it out and glue onto an envelope)

STEP 3 - enclose cheque or indicate method of credit card payment and mail it. See how the PENSION PLAN can give you an income you can fall back on later in your life. It is a actual ‘Locked In’ Pension Plan, not just an RRSP that you can cash in at anytime. It is managed just like a company pension.

I wish we would have done this years ago, but my wife and I started ours in 2015.
Paul Constable, Director Artists in Canada
Contact
Send SPP an email if you have questions about your particular situation